John Norman RYNO 994
- Born: 25 Jan 1850, Timber Township, Peoria, Illinois, USA 996
- Marriage: Melissa Ann SILVERNAIL on 26 Dec 1894 in Fulton County, Illinois 267,989
- Died: 18 Mar 1917, Orion Township, Fulton County, Illinois, USA at age 67 267,274,997
- Buried: Churchyard Cemetery by Red Schoolhouse, Fulton County, Illinois, USA 267
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1850, Timber Township, Peoria, Illinois, USA. 267
• Residence, 1905, Breeds, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 994
• Illness, 1907, Breeds, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 20 Obituary in 1917 states John had been in poor health for over a decade.
• Organizations: Illinois. 20 Odd Fellows
• Religion: Illinois. 20 M. E. Church
• Illness, Mar 1917, Breeds, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 20 Cause of death: pulmonary tuberculosis
• Obituary, 19 Mar 1917, Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 998 Canton Daily Ledger
DECEDENT DEMANDED SLOW TIME FUNERAL
John Ryno, Dead at Breeds, Made Request Previous to His Death
No automobiles will be in the funeral processioan and the cortege will travel only at a walk if the wishes of the late John N. Ryno who died at his home in Breeds yesterday, are carried out. Before ihs death, he requested his nephew, William Ryno, residing north of Breeds, to make known his wishes regarding the barring of automobiles at his funeral. The nephew states also that it was his request that flowers be omitted. Also Mr. Ryno had often remarked against the trotting of horses at a funeral and he could not bear automobiles though he had ridden in them a few times. Practically all funeral arrangements were completed by Mr. Ryno before his death. He asked that J. W. Johnson and N. K. Johns conduct the funeral servcie which will be held in the Breeds church tomorrwo norning at 11 o'clock. Burial will be in the Red School house cemetery. Death was due to pulmonary tubereulosis and he had been bedfast for almost three months. He had been in poor health for over a decade.
Mr. Ryno was a son of David and Sarah Spoon Ryno and was born June 25, 1850 in Lancaster, Peoria County. Since he was seven years old, he had resided on the same farm in Orion township until his removal to Breeds three years ago. He is survived by his wife, Melissa A. Silvernail and one daughter, Miss Daisy F. Ryno at home, and one brother, William H. Ryno of near Canton. He was a member of the M. E. church, but had not been active in church work for a great many years on account of failing health. He was a member of the Odd Fellows. He had held various township offices and as a friend remarked, "He discharged his duties in favor of the public alone."
• Cemetery, 1917, Fulton County, Illinois. 267 Churchyard Cemetery by Red Schoolhouse, Fulton County, Illinois Also called Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
John married Melissa Ann SILVERNAIL, daughter of Jacob SILVERNAIL and Alice POTTER, on 26 Dec 1894 in Fulton County, Illinois 267.,989 (Melissa Ann SILVERNAIL was born on 8 Jul 1849 in Fulton County, Illinois,20,267 died on 18 Jan 1934 in Orion Township, Fulton County, Illinois, USA 267,274,991 and was buried in 1934 in Churchyard Cemetery by Red Schoolhouse, Fulton County, Illinois, USA 20.)