Alfred E. BLAUFUSS 20
- Born: 24 Jul 1853, Hanover, Germany 760,1475,1476
- Marriage (1): Anna BLAUFUSS (NEE UNKNOWN) 1473
- Marriage (2): Bertha M. MULLER on 27 Oct 1888 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA 1474
- Died: 1921, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA at age 68 32
- Buried: 3 May 1921, Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Omaha, NE 68112 www.forestlawnomaha.com 128
Another name for Alfred was Carl Rudolph Herman Alfred BLAUFUSS.1476
Noted events in his life were:
• Immigration, 1884, United States of America. 1477 and was naturalized in 1890.
First name: A. E.
Last name: Blaufuss
Last Place of Residence: [blank]
Date of Arrival: Feb 8, 1892
Age at Arrival: 34y
Marital Status: [blank]
Ship of Travel: Lahn [*see below]
Port of Departure: Bremen [Germany, **see below]
Manifest Line Number: 0049
Name : Lahn
Description : Norddeutscher Lloyd steamship built 1887 at Glasgow by Fairfield Shipbuilding & Eng. Co. Ltd. Source : Old postcard
**From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Bremen is a Hanseatic city in northwestern Germany (official name: Stadtgemeinde Bremen / City Municipality of Bremen). It is a port city, situated along the river Weser, about 60 km (37 mi) south from its mouth on the North Sea. Bremen is one of two towns belonging to the state of Bremen (official name: Freie Hansestadt Bremen (Free Hanseatic City of Bremen), referring to its membership in the medieval Hanseatic League ), the other being Bremerhaven. In 2005, the population of the city was estimated to be 545,983 (the state with the city Bremerhaven having a population of 64,080), while the metropolitan area of Bremen-Oldenburg has a population of more than 2.37 million. Thus, Bremen is the second most populous city in North Germany and tenth in Germany.
• Passport Application, 22 Jun 1888, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 1476 Form For Naturalized Citizen
Issued: June 26, 1888 Omaha, Neb. Jun 19, 88
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
State of Nebraska
County of Douglas
I, Carl Rudolph Herman Alfred Blaufuss, do swear that I was born in Hanover, Deutschland, on or about the Twenty fourth day of July, 1853; that I am a NATURALIZED AND LOYAL CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES, and about to travel abroad; and further that I am the Identical Person described in the Certificate of Naturalization herewith presented by me.
Sworn to before me this 28th day of June 1888.
[signed] Alfred Blaufuss
Guntar Bencke, Notary
Description of Alfred Blaufuss
Age: 35 years
Stature: 5 feet, 8 inches, Eng.
Nose: roman, medium
Complexion: healthy, red
I, Alfred Blaufuss, do solemnly swear that I will support, protect, and defend the Constitution and Government of the United States against all enemies, whether domestic or foreign; and that I will bear true faith, allegiance, and loyalty to the same, any ordinance, resolution, or law of any State, Convention, or Legislature to the contrary notwithstanding; and further, that I do this with a full determination, pledge, and purpose, without any mental reservation or evasion whatsoever; and further, that I will well and faithfully perform all the duties which may be required of me by law. So help me God.
Sworn before me this 22nd day of June 1888
Guntar Benche, Notary Public
Applicant desires passport be sent to the following address:
1816 S. 13 Street
Form For Naturalized Citizen
No. 17976 [Handwritten: Old Pass. 20332, June 26, 1888]
(Most of page is not filled out.)
Description of Applicant
Age: 37 years
Stature: 5 feet, 8 inches, Eng.
Nose: roman, med
Complexion: healthy, red
• Occupation, 1889, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 1478 In the Omaha City directory for 1889, he is listed as "musician secretary" for "Nebraska Det Assn" located at 1816 S. 13th Street. In the 1890 directory, he is listed as "music teacher" at 1804 S. 13th Street.
• Residence, 1889, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 1479
• Residence, 1900, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 757 at 3242 Ohio Street.
• Occupation, 1900, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 757 where he was a musician. He was a co-director of the Omaha College of Music. The college was located on teh corner of 15th and Harney Streets in downtown Omaha.
• Residence, 1910, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 758 at 2913 North 30th Street.
• Occupation, 1910, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 758 where he was a musician.
• Residence, 1920, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 1480,1481 at 2913 North 30th Street. The home is gone and there is only a vacant lot in its place.
Legal Description: GISES ADD LOT 90 BLOCK 0 N 70 FT S 1/2 70 X 161.7
Parcel Size: Acres: 0.25 Sq. Ft.: 11270
• Occupation, 1920, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 1477 where he was in retail auto accessories.
• Occupation, 1921, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 1482 as a musician and composer. He wrote the lyrics to the song, "Will You Be My Sweetheart?" which was published in 1921. The publisher was A. B. Cockerill of Council Bluffs, Iowa who also wrote the music to the song.
Verse 1: We were strolling one morning, my sweetheart and I, The sun rose with glitter and gold, The birdies were singing their songs so sweet, The dew-drops were kissing the flowers, It's two years today, when we met at first, When we gazed in each others eyes, When we looked at the sun with its golden ray, Just the same as we did today.
Chorus: Will you be my sweetheart, Will you be my bride? I will love and cherish you thru all my life. Like the birds are singing, that sweet song above, Will you be my sweetheart, Will you be my love?
Verse 2: Many years have gone by, since that beautiful morn, Our hair has turned silvery gray, Our love is the same as it was that day, When I gazed in your beautiful eyes, We've surely been happy thru all these years, No hardships have come to us, When I look at the sun with its golden ray, These words will ring in my ear.
• Obituary, 1 May 1921, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 228 Omaha World Herald, Page 1: AK-SAR-BEN Band Leader Dies
Alfred Blaufuss, 67, 2913 N. Thirtieth street, died Saturday at the Ford hospital. Mr. Blaufuss under went an operation at ______ Monday following an illness of several months duration. He was a known musician in the eleven _______ years was leader of the _________ theatre orchestra. For the _______ he conducted the Ak-Sar-Ben band. ___________ in Germany and came _______ from the east. Surviving _________ wife and six children, _______ Carr, Julia, Bertha, Alfred _____, and George Blaufuss. Funeral arrangements have not yet been made.
3 MAY 1921 - Omaha World Herald: BLAUFUSS - Alfred, age 67 years, 10 months, 6 days. Funeral will be from the Kountze Memorial Church Tuesday 2 p.m. Interment Forest Lawn Cemetery.
OMAHA DAILY NEWS, 1 MAY 1921: OMAHA MUSICIAN, OLD RESIDENT, DIED Albert [sic] E. Blaufuss, 67, 2913 North Thirtieth street, prominent musician and Omaha resident for forty years, died Saturday at Ford hospital, following an operation Monday. For eleven years Blaufuss was leader of the old Krug theater orchestra and was a member of the Omaha Musicians association for over twenty years. He was a member of the Elks lodge, Buffalo, N. Y. Blaufuss led Ak-Sar-Ben parades for seven years. Besides his widow, he is survived by six children, Alfred, 44; Bertha, 30; Julia, 22; George, 27; Frederick, 28; and Mrs. Walter Carr, all of Omaha. Funeral arrangements have not been completed.
• Funeral, 3 May 1921, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 20 from the Kountze Memorial Lutheran Church at 2650 Farnam Street.
• Cemetery, 3 May 1921, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 32 at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Alfred married Anna BLAUFUSS (NEE UNKNOWN).1473 (Anna BLAUFUSS (NEE UNKNOWN) was born on 1 Jul 1855 in Osmabrick, Germany,32 died on 24 Feb 1888 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA 32 and was buried on 26 Feb 1888 in Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Omaha, NE 68112 www.forestlawnomaha.com 128.). The cause of her death was leonsumption.
Alfred next married Bertha M. MULLER, daughter of Frederick MULLER and Mary MULLER (NEE UNKNOWN), on 27 Oct 1888 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA.1474 (Bertha M. MULLER was born in 1869 in Germany,760 died on 30 Jun 1940 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA 20 and was buried on 3 Jul 1940 in Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Omaha, NE 68112 www.forestlawnomaha.com 20.)