|Hamilton Milton POTTER
Hamilton Milton POTTER 2301
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1838, Orion Township, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 20
• Residence, 1870, Orion Township, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 2321 No occupation is listed for Hamilton in the 1870 census.
• Residence, 1880, Breeds, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 2322
• Occupation, 1880, Breeds, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 2322 as a grocer.
• Residence, 1885, Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 20
• Residence, 1890, Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 2301
• Residence, May 1892, Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 20 at Fourth Avenue and Chestnut Streets.
• Obituary, 31 May 1892, Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 2323 in the Canton Daily Register: THE GRIM REAPER - Another Old and Prominent Resident Called Away - Leaf by leaf the roses fall. One by one the sheaves are gathered by the grim reaper into his garner. One after another the old and prominent residents of Fulton county are passing away, and leaving their friends and fellow pilgrims to follow in their wake. Hamilton Potter died Monday night at his home on the corner of Fourth avenue and Chestnut street. A year ago he had suffered a stroke of paralysis one cold day out in the coal house, whither he had gone for a bucket of coal. He lay there three or four hours before he was discovered. He was born in Monmouth county, New Jersey, Feb. 15, 1819, and was married in Fulton county Aug. 28, 1843, to Miss Lorana Spencer, who was born in Lawrence county, Illinois, March 15, 1823. Mr. Potter came to Fulton county fifty-four years ago, and resided in Orion Township, and prospered as a farmer till he came to Canton seven years ago to live a retired life and look after his property here and at Breeds. He owned three or four tracts in Orion, all of which have been sold. He was an excellent man in every respect, highly esteemed by all who knew him. His wife and four daughters survive him. Phaebe [sic] A., wife of W. H. Layton; Sibilla, wife of M. Williamson; Amelia, wife of J. M. Skillman, and Eliza, wife of G. W. Hindson. A son, William O., died in 1858 at the age of eight years. The funeral will take place from the residence on Thursday morning at 10 o'clock.
Hamilton married Lorana SPENCER, daughter of Richardson SPENCER and Unknown, on 28 Aug 1842 in Fulton County, Illinois.2320 (Lorana SPENCER was born on 15 Mar 1823 in Lawrence County, Illinois,2324 died on 27 Dec 1914 in Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA 20 and was buried on 5 Jan 1915 in Orendorff Cemetery, Fulton County, Illinois, USA 20.)