Lydia ARNOLD 570
- Born: 27 Oct 1819, Rhode Island 41,571
- Marriage: John P. MYERS on 31 Aug 1845 in Hocking County, Ohio 569
- Died: 18 Jul 1907, Witts Springs, Searcy County, Arkansas, USA at age 87 41
- Buried: Jul 1907, Witts Spring Cemetery; Witts Spring, Searcy County, Arkansas 186
Cause of her death was Cancer.20
I believe Lydia Arnold is a sister to Russell Arnold, but have not been able to document this belief as a fact.
The 1900 Atchison County Census notes that Lydia was widowed. She had 4 surviving children out of 9 and was living with daughter, Eary Etta Myers Kreider
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1850, Pleasant, Grant County, Indiana, USA. 572 where she was a homemaker. According to the census, she would not read or write.
• Residence, 1860, Columbia, Wapello County, Iowa (P.O. at Eddyville). 90,573 where she was a homemaker. The 1860 census indicates she could not read or write.
• Residence, 1870, Union Township, Fulton County, Illinois, USA. 546
• Residence, 1880, Avon, Fulton County, Ilinois. 80
• Occupation: Keeping House, 1880, Avon, Fulton County, Ilinois. 80
• Residence, 1900, Lincoln Township, Nodaway County, Missouri, USA. 571,574 Was living with John Elton Kreider and his wife Eary Etta Myers (her daughter). Also in the 1900 Census, she is listed as living with her widowed daughter, Mary.
• Obituary, 9 Aug 1907, Elmo, Nodaway County, Missouri 64445. 575 DEATH'S HARVEST \endash Mrs. Lydia Myers
Mrs. Lydia Myers, formerly of Blanchard and Elmo, is dead at Witts Springs, Ark., of cancer. She was born in Rhode Island, Oct. 27, 1819, and died July 18, 1907, aged 87 years, 8 months and 21 days. Her sufferings were intense, and for four weeks she was unable to eat any food. She at one time owned a millinery store at Blanchard, Ia. She leaves four children to mourn her loss: Mrs. J. E. Kreider, Mrs. R. M. Baker, Mrs. Lydia Johnson and Mrs. Mary Outhier. She was a devoted Christian was always interested in welfare of friends and was loved by all who knew her.
Years doth swiftly pass away,
Flowers bloom and fall
One loved one has passed away
At the Master's call.
Another star has ceased to shine,
Another soul has found its rest;
With angels it sings God's praise
Loved ones and the blest.
E. J. K.
[Possibly Ernest John Kreider, grandson]
• Cemetery, Jul 1907, Witts Springs, Searcy County, Arkansas, USA. 186 in the Witts Springs Cemetery.
Lydia married John P. MYERS on 31 Aug 1845 in Hocking County, Ohio.569 (John P. MYERS was born in 1826 in Ohio 576.)
Hocking County, Ohio Marriage Rcords 1818-1859