Margaret Esther NORRIS 20
- Born: 22 Aug 1904, Worthington, Ohio 20
- Marriage (1): Ted LeRoy LATHROP on 18 Sep 1923 3497
- Marriage (2): Curtis L. DIXON in 1960 3497
- Died: 23 Jun 1998, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA at age 93 20
- Buried: 26 Jun 1998, Blair Cemetery; Blair, Washington County, Nebraska 68008 20
Another name for Margaret was Mike.20
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1911, Ord, Valley County, Nebraska, USA. 20
• Graduation: Ord, Valley County, Nebraska, USA. 3497 from Ord High School
• Residence, 1923, Blair, Washington County, Nebraska. 20
• Residence, 1930, Blair, Washington County, Nebraska. 3499 at 221 East Lincoln Street where she was a homemaker.
• Obituary, 1998, Blair, Washington County, Nebraska. 3500 Margaret E. Dixon, 93, of Blair, died Tuesday, June 23, 1998, at Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha.
Services will be 10 a.m. Friday at First Christian Church. Burial will be in the Blair Cemetery. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Campbell - Aman Funeral Home in Blair.
Margaret Esther Norris was born on Aug. 22, 1904, in Worthington, Ohio, to Cornelius and Elizabeth ( Cline ) Norris. At the age of seven, she and her parents moved to Ord by train. She grew up in Ord and graduated from Ord High School. As a teenager she was given the nickname "Mike," which many of her friends called her. Her grandchildren would later refer to her as "Grandma Mike." She married Ted Leroy Lathrop on Sept. 18, 1923. They lived in Blair. Eleven years after the death of her first husband in 1949, she married Curtis Dixon from Fort Calhoun.
She is survived by two sons and their wives, Ted N. and Crystal Lathrop of Omaha and James W. and Linda Lathrop of Hialeah, Fla.; a son - in - law, Henry Antczak of Pelham, N.J.; two grandsons and their wives, Ted R. and Terri Lathrop of Lincoln and James and Kathie Lathrop of Logan, Iowa; two granddaughters and their husbands, Linda and Patrice Guesnet of Paris, France, and Donna and Dave Rorke of Toms River, N.J.; seven great - grandsons and two great - granddaughters; and one niece, Eloise Beranek of Ord.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Ted L. Lathrop in May 1949 and Curtis Dixon in 1967; two daughters, Betty Jean Lathrop and Margaret Ann Antczak and one son, Robert Lathrop.
Memorials are suggested to the First Christian Church building fund.
Campbell - Aman Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
• Cemetery, 26 Jun 1998, Blair, Washington County, Nebraska. 20 in the Blair Cemetery; Block 88, Lot 4, Grave 5
Margaret married Ted LeRoy LATHROP, son of Jay W. LATHROP and Unknown, on 18 Sep 1923.3497 (Ted LeRoy LATHROP was born on 22 Mar 1901 in Nebraska,3498 died on 3 May 1949 in Blair, Washington County, Nebraska 3498 and was buried on 7 May 1949 in Blair Cemetery; Blair, Washington County, Nebraska 68008 3498.)
Margaret next married Curtis L. DIXON in 1960.3497 (Curtis L. DIXON was born on 19 Apr 1895,3501 died on 28 Feb 1967 3501 and was buried in 1967 in Fort Calhoun Cemetery; Fort Calhoun, Washington County, Nebraska, USA 3501.)