Nettie YOUNG 2394
- Born: Nov 1864, Nebraska 2394
- Marriage: Moses Beaumont MAHAFFEY
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1900, Seward, Seward County, Nebraska, USA. 2394 where she was a homemaker. At the time of the 1900 census, Nettie had no children.
• Newspaper Article, 30 Jan 1915, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 85 NEAR DEATH FROM PTOMAINE POISON
Mrs. Nettie Mahaffey Stricken While Attending Theatre - Poisoned by Soup
While attending a performance of "The Roundup" at the Oliver theatre last night, Mrs. Nettie Mahaffey fell from her seat in convulsions, suffering from ptomaine poisoning. She was seized with another convulsion while in a cab and two more after she reached home at 1109 L street, before she could be relieved. The poisoning, it is believed, was caused by some canned tomato soup that she had eaten at dinner. Dr. F. L. McLeod attended her and pronounced her condition very grave. She was somewhat improved today, however and it is believed she will recover. Her sister, Mrs. Moses Wait of Seward, was summoned and arrived on an early morning train.
• Newspaper Article, 29 Apr 1915, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 3717 Miss Nettie MAHAFFEY, who was prostrated by the heat Wednesday afternoon, has left the hospital and hopes to resume her work immediately. She has almost entirely recovered from the effects of the stroke.
• Newspaper Article, 13 Aug 1915, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 3717 Mrs. Nettie Mahaffey is visiting relatives at Broken Bow.
Nettie married Moses Beaumont MAHAFFEY, son of Andrew McClure MAHAFFEY and Sylvia PRICE. (Moses Beaumont MAHAFFEY was born in Aug 1864 in Illinois 1053,2394.)