Della M. LUCHSINGER (NEE UNKNOWN) 3315
- Born: 1880, New York 3315
- Marriage: Frank LUCHSINGER in 1903 3314
- Died: 6 Apr 1965 at age 85 20
- Buried: 9 Apr 1965, Calvary Cemetery; Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska 20
According to the 1920 census, both of her parents were born in Ireland.
Obituary available via email request. 3315
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1920, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 3315 where she was a homemaker.
• Residence, 1930, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 3314 at 2330 Sumner Street, where she was a homemaker.
• Newspaper Article, 11 Aug 1944, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 4054 Women in War Work by Eleanore Fogg Whitham.
A chamber of commerce official phoned the other morning to say, "There's a family with six children in my neighborhood; I've watched them grow up and I tell you I'm pretty proud of them. See if you can get the mother to tell you about what she did when her children left home." Mrs. Frank Luchsinger certainly has a fine if scattered family. Francis, one of the engineers that set up the Lincoln Air Base, is now making aeroplane runways in Alaska. B 2/c Clarence Luchsinger, who has been with the Sea Bees in Bougainville for a year and a half, was recently flown to another place, since he was suffering from what they called "combat fatigue". Charles is a captain stationed at Granite City, Ill., at the depot school of supplies. And Ph M 2/c Robert Luchsinger, who was stationed in Panama for a year and a half, went to Brooklyn last week, after furloughing at home with his parents. But to return to their mother, "Somehow," she says, "all six of my children seemed to leave at once - what with moving away and getting married and going away to school. So I made my second floor into a dormitory, and took care of children from the Orthopedic hospital - little children who were getting well but not quite ready to leave town, homesick children with casts who weren't happy in the hospital, and children who were waiting to be admitted. So, for five years Mrs. Luchsinger took care of three or four sick children at a time. At present she is not doing this work because she can't get any help, but she certainly solved the problem of what to do with rooms suddenly empty of boys' and girls' voices, at the time her family left.
• Residence, 1965, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 20 at 904 Sumner Street. This home no longer exists.
• Cemetery, 9 Apr 1965, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 20 at Calvary Cemetery.
Della married Frank LUCHSINGER, son of Daniel LUCHSINGER and Mary Jane ATKINSON, in 1903.3314 (Frank LUCHSINGER was born in 1879 in Iowa 3315.)