William THOMPSON 1316
According to the 1880 census, William's father was born in Virginia and his mother in Kentucky. 1308
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1880, North Franklin, Franklin County, Nebraska. 1308
• Occupation, 1880, North Franklin, Franklin County, Nebraska. where he was a farmer.
• Miscellaneous. Not sure if related to this family:
• Cemetery, 1900, Burch Cemetery; Buchanan Township, Page County, Iowa. 1317
• Obituary, 31 May 1900, Hopkins, Nodaway County, Missouri, USA. 4143 Thompson, William - in Plum Grove News - William Thompson was born Feb 28, 1828 in Kentucky. He was a veteran of the Civil war where he lost his health and never regained it. He was married to Emma Oakley, by which union there were six children. After her death he was married to Martha Waldroff, they having seven children, one of whom preceded him to the better land. He died May 22, 1900 after a long illness. The funeral sermon was preached by Rev Smith at the house and the remains were laid to rest in the Burch cemetery followed by a large concourse of sympathizing friends. Hopkins Journal, Hopkins, Missouri, May 31, 1900 [submitted by Margaret Safley]
William married Emma Oakley.
William next married Martha J. MURRAY, daughter of John MURRAY and Unknown. (Martha J. MURRAY was born on 2 Jan 1842 in North Carolina,1316,4144,4145 died on 15 Jun 1919 4143 and was buried in Jun 1919 in Burch Cemetery; Buchanan Township, Page County, Iowa 4143.). The cause of her death was tuberculosis.