Margaret Lula GILLIN 31
- Born: 20 Apr 1926, Louisville, Cass County, Nebraska, USA 227
- Died: 12 Sep 2002, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA at age 76 20
Cause of her death was Burns from house fire..228
Another name for Margaret was Rick GILLIN.
The obituary is available via email request
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1930, Louisville, Cass County, Nebraska, USA. 229 living with her divorced father.
• Occupation: Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 230 Retired Counselor, Human Services
• Newspaper Article, 5 Sep 2002, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 230 Omaha World Herald
Man is burned in fire at house
BY CHAD PURCELLWORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER
An elderly man was critically burned in a fire at his north Omaha home Thursday morning. The man, Rick Gillin, was home alone when the fire started at 4124 Maple St. He is in his mid-70s, said his wife, Judy Gillin. She said she was optimistic that her husband would be OK. "He's a pretty tough old bird," she said. Rick Gillin was taken first to Creighton University Medical Center, then flown to the burn unit at St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in Lincoln. Edward Smith was visiting a friend in the neighborhood about 10 a.m. when he saw smoke coming from the house and called 911 on his cell phone. Rescuers quickly found Gillin and brought him out of the house. It didn't take long for firefighters to bring the blaze under control. Battalion Chief Perry Guido said the fire was confined to one room, but there was heavy smoke damage throughout the house. No damage estimate was immediately available, and the cause of the fire was unknown, Guido said. Washy, a dog in the house, suffered smoke inhalation, and firefighters treated the pet at the scene.
• Residence, 12 Sep 2002, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA. 230 4124 Maple Street
Legal Description: LINCOLN HEIGHTS LOT 13 BLOCK 16 50 X 120
Parcel Size: Acres: 0.13 Sq. Ft.: 6000
Margaret married Living